Location: Columbia University Medical Center701 West 168th Street
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Time: 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Co-hosted with the Columbia University Medical Center Office of Government & Community Affairs
- 16 students from George Washington High attended our second event.
- The highly motivational Ms. Martina Kerrison, Patient Care Associate at New York-Prebyterian Hospital, returned to discuss career options, how to take the next step, and moderate the panel discussion
- Mr. Brandon Colbert, surgery technician and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, discussed the lifestyle, pay, advantages/disadvantages, and steps required to pursue his career.
- Ms. Rozan Abdulrahman, EMT and student at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, spoke about her path to becoming an EMT, lifestyle, struggles, advantages/disadvantages, and steps required to pursue an EMT career.
- Take the Next Step! Med EDge Vice President Eric Przybyszewski, medical student at Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, explained how students may apply to volunteer at the hospital in fields that they are interested in.
- Take the Next Step! Sudents had dinner with panelists and mentors, with whom they will remain in touch with any questions regarding what the next step may be, and how to proceed.