Location: Yeshiva University, Wilf Campus (FH 535)
Date: Friday, December 16, 2011
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Press: December 26, 2012: YU Commentator
- 42 students from George Washington High attended “Design Your Future” for information on career options and paths.
- An entertaining, professional presentation by Ms. Laurie Davis, Director of Counseling and Programming at Yeshiva University’s Career Development Center (CDC), delineated the various career paths and options available to all students. Ms. Davis also provided tips for job interviews and resume building.
- Mrs. Lolita Wood-Hill, Yeshiva College Director of Pre-Health Advisement, discussed how to “Play to your Strengths” in choosing a career, drawing on many of her own personal experiences, as well as her many years working in academic advisement.
- A signature College EDge pizza lunch allowed YABC high school students to mingle and talk with Yeshiva University undergraduates.
- Small groups of 3-5 high school students met with 16 trained undergraduate College EDge mentors to discuss how to apply what was learned at the earlier presentations to each student’s individual interests. The conversations were guided by a professional career development packet provided by the CDC.
- The event concluded with a brief discussion by Brian Sanders, Director of Public Outreach for College EDge, on the benefits of college and a description of college life.