Location: Stern College, Beren Campus
Date: Friday, November 16, 2012
Time: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Students from Washington Irving High School and Franklin K. Lane High School visited the Beren Campus of Stern College Yeshiva University for an event designed to educate students about career options and paths.
- Ms. Laurie Davis, Director of Counseling and Programming at Yeshiva University’s Career Development Center (CDC), discussed the various career paths and options available to all students. Ms. Davis also provided tips for job interviews and resume building.
- Mrs. Lolita Wood-Hill, Yeshiva College Director of Pre-Health Advisement, discussed how to “Play to your Strengths” in choosing a career, drawing on many of her own personal experiences, as well as her many years working in academic advisement.
- YABC high school students had the chance to mingle and talk with Yeshiva University undergraduates over lunch.
- Small groups of high school students met with trained undergraduate College EDge mentors to discuss how to apply what was learned at the earlier presentations to each student’s individual interests. The conversations were guided by a professional career development packet provided by the CDC.
- The event concluded with a brief discussion by Sonia Felder, Assistant Director of Public Outreach for College EDge, on the benefits of college and a description of college life.